Browser settings that affect presentation playback KBA3155
Here are some browser settings that can affect playback of Mediasite presentations. Disabling any of these may cause problems with playback. The setting names listed below were taken from Internet Explorer. These names may vary between browsers, or the setting may not even be present. Note that most of these settings are enabled by default, and are typically only disabled in environments with strict security policies.
- Session cookies must be allowed.
- First party cookies must be allowed. If these are not allowed, users will be unable to use the "Remember Me" option on the login page.
- The "Submit non-encrypted form data" option must be enabled.
- The "Active scripting" option must be enabled.
- The "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" option must be enabled.
- The "Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting" option must be enabled.
When a secured presentation is embedded in an Iframe then session cookies will be disabled. You can work around this in IE by going to Internet options > Privacy > Advanced and overriding automatic cookie handling. You must always accept session cookies for this to work.
How would you rate this article?