Troubleshooting webcam issues with Mediasite Desktop Recorder KBA3804
This article lists basic troubleshooting steps to try if you experience issues while using your webcam with Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR). Note that MDR currently supports only USB webcams.
Please contact technical support if you need further assistance, or if you continue to experience issues after trying the suggestions below.
- Try using a different USB port.
- Update the driver for your webcam. When using Windows go to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager. Find your webcam here (it will probably be under Imaging Devices), and then right-click on it and select Update Driver. Alternatively check the manufacturer's website for a newer version. Some webcams also have firmware updates, which should be installed if you're experiencing problems. Please contact the hardware manufacturer if you need assistance installing firmware or driver updates.
- Uninstall and reinstall the camera driver. To do this, go to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager. Find your webcam here (it will probably be under Imaging Devices), and then right-click on it and select Uninstall. Now reboot, and the driver will be automatically reinstalled.
- Lower the quality setting. For example if you are experiencing performance issues and you're trying to record MDR content using the Large (1280 x 720) setting, then try dropping the quality down to Medium (640 x 480).
- If possible try using another webcam.
Upgrading Mediasite Desktop Recorder may also resolve software issues. The version of MDR is determined by the version of Mediasite EX Server that is installed on your web server. If EX Server gets upgraded, then you will be prompted to update MDR the next time you use it. Please contact your Mediasite server administrator to find out if upgrading EX Server is an option.
How would you rate this article?