Flashing red or green frames are displayed while using Flash to view Mediasite content in Chrome. This may only happen briefly, or it may continue to occur sporadically during playback.
This issue can be resolved by changing a setting in Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the "System" section.
- Uncheck the box labeled "Use hardware acceleration when available"
- Restart Chrome.
- This issue only occurs when using Flash to view content, and Flash is currently only used for Smooth Streaming playback in Chrome.
- Updating the graphics card driver may also resolve the issue without needing to disable hardware acceleration.
- Flash is no longer supported by most browsers, and Mediasite will no longer use Flash for playback in current releases.
How would you rate this article?