The Windows 10 build 1803 update introduced an incompatibilty with the Mediasite Desktop Recorder application. The application may quit unexpectedly, most commonly when clicking the Ok button on the registration notice window after first launching the application.
Sonic Foundry has a bug on file for this issue and will look at fixing it in a future release. In the meantime, this can be worked around by running the application in Compatibility Mode:
- On the Desktop, right-click the shortcut to Mediasite Desktop Recorder 2 and choose Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Click the "Change settings for all users" button at the bottom of the window
- Check the box in the Compatibility mode section and choose Windows 7 from the drop-down menu
- Apply to save the changes
How would you rate this article?