If you are having trouble viewing a presentation and have verified all playback requirements have been met, follow the tips for troubleshooting Windows, Mac, and Firefox playback issues described in this article.
Troubleshooting Windows playback issues
Verify Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer settings are correct
If you are having trouble viewing a presentation on a Windows computer:
- Verify the Windows Media Player settings are correct following the instructions described in KBA3036.
- Verify the Internet Explorer settings are correct following the instructions described in KBA3201.
Additional troubleshooting tips
If you are still having problems viewing your presentations, check out the following knowledge base articles:
- KBA3157: Media Player error 1072885327 when viewing presentation
- KBA3636: Windows Media Player protocol error
Troubleshooting Mac playback issues
If you are having trouble viewing a presentation on a Mac OS X, check out the following knowledge base articles:
- KBA3435: Requirements for viewing a Mediasite presentation on the Mac
Note: If Silverlight is not detected on your Mac, you will be automatically prompted to install Silverlight when viewing a presentation. Silverlight only needs to be installed once. If you need assistance with installing Silverlight, Microsoft offers support here.
Troubleshooting Firefox playback issues
You can use Firefox to view presentations on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux computers. Please note that to playback a Mediasite presentation in Firefox, you must install Silverlight. You will be prompted to install Silverlight if it is not installed already. There are a few known issues when viewing presentations using the Firefox web browser. These issues and their resolutions are addressed below:
- KBA2997: Silverlight Player 4001 Error
How would you rate this article?