|Versions||7.0, 7.2, 7.4, 7.6|
Chrome 80 introduced a change that may prevent playback of Mediasite content that is embedded in other webpages, such as within an LMS. If you are using Chrome 80 and receiving an error message of "Your playback ticket is not valid for this session", please follow the instructions below to change a Chrome setting. After changing the setting, refresh the webpage and the content should play back normally.
- In Chrome's address bar, go to chrome://flags
- In the “Search flags” search box, type “samesite”.
- Set “SameSite by default cookies” to Disabled”
- Set “Cookies without SameSite must be secure” to Disabled.
Firefox has not yet started forcing this behavior, but there is also a workaround available for Firefox if needed:
- In the Firefox address bar, go to about:config
- In the “Search preference name” search box, type “samesite”.
- Set network.cookie.sameSite.laxByDefault to false.
- Set network.cookie.sameSite.noneRequiresSecure to false.
How would you rate this article?